Thursday, July 13, 2006

I Don't Have the Heart to Axe Anyone

I think maybe I should quit following baseball. I love the Astros. I do not have a favorite player because they are a team, they win as a team and lose as a team. They are One in my eyes. I was really happy to hear that they signed a new player, Aubrey Huff. Welcome! say I, welcome indeed. However, that meant that someone had to leave the team. Oh my Jason Lane has been sent to the minors. How could that happen? He is apart of the One, is he not? I know he has been hitting near the .200 mark but come on, he is Jason Lane! And now there is talk of ditching Morgan Ensberg too? I don't have the heart to run a baseball team. I would keep them all even if they lost and that is not good for business. So dear team leaders, Drayton, Tim and Phil, I trust you and your judgements. After all, the Astros won tonight with the new acquisition hitting a 3-run homer. You are heartless men but smart. The win was great but it was bittersweet. If you do end up selling Ensberg and Lane could you send them to the KC Royals? That way I can watch them play LIVE!

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I think jason will be back. I get to watch him play for awhile here in austin and I think he will recover his swing. How did you get to be an Astros fan ?

1:07 PM  
Blogger Daphnewood said...

Hi Wade! I grew up watching the LA Dodgers but when I married my Houstonian husband, he took me to a game (when they played at the Astrodome). I could not believe the energy and fervor in the fans. They won me over. No Dodger game was ever that much fun. It was just a regular game but everyone was on their feet. We moved away from Houston last year and I am just getting around to checking out the KC Royals. The fans suck though. At least the ones on dollar hotdog night. They heckle their own players!

BTW I am jealous you get to see Lane play. I hope he does get his bat back. I am rooting for him. What do you think of Huff?

6:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home