Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Think Before You Speak

I decided that I should bring all of my baseball chatter to another blog to get it out of my system. Sports fans love to talk about sports and voice their opinion so this is my forum whether or not people read it. I feel better that I have created this website.

So what do I want to talk about first? Ozzie Guillen of course. I am a Houston Astros fan but this opinion piece is not bitter grapes that Guillen's team beat the Astros in the 2005 World Series. No sir. I feel that since his win, he has turned into a freak. A hot tempered spoiled rude man that cares about no one but himself (and winning of course). I liked his crass ways at first. He never held back anything but now he doesn't even think before he speaks. First he got mad that his rookie pitcher didn't retaliate. How did he respond? A massive tirade on national television and then he sent the kid back to the minors. What a jerk! Now, a reporter has done the same thing as me, wrote something condemning Guillen's behavior. How does Guillen respond? He calls the guy a piece of shit and a fucking fag. Nice huh? And this is a guy kids are suppose to look up to.

I think something should be done about Guillen. No I don't think he should be fined or sit out a few games. I think people just need to call him on the carpet. His stocks have plummeted and rightly so. Fans, players, managers, owners and sports writers should all let Guillen know, his behavior is not welcome nor will it be tolerated any further. Guillen, baseball has a place for you, just not your hate filled rants. Don't lie and say "fag" means something different in your country. We know it doesn't and your lies insult our intelligence. We know you will never be open-minded and accepting of those different than you. We know you will always hate from the bottom of your heart. However, we ask one thing of you, and one thing only: Think before you speak!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home