Friday, June 23, 2006

American League Baseball Sucks

Houston is playing the CWS as I type this. It is the bottom of the 8th inning and of course, the Astros are behind 4-7. I think I loathe the White Sox. They are the rudest sons of bitches I have ever seen. And that is really saying something since I have witnessed many NY Yankee and Boston Red Sox games. Ozzie Guillen is remarkably quiet though. I once heard JD say how he had absolutely no interest in inter-league play. He wanted to watch only NL action. I am beginning to understand why. American League baseball is so different. These teams are dirty. They are rude and will win by cheating if necessary. There hasn't been cheating tonight but the friendly competition feel is certainly absent. I miss seeing Pujols and Berkman chat on first base because no matter who is on defense or offense they both manage to get there every game. I miss seeing Biggio congratulate Jeff Kent for a well hit double and vice versa. I like when Brad Ausmus looks out for the opposing batters when they get nearly hit by a pitch, by visiting the mound and giving the guy time to regroup. There is no fun kicking a guy when he is down. Do you think AJ Pierzynski would do that? Hell no. This game sucked and I think the whole series will too whether or not we win any. There is no fun. It is all about winning and making the others look bad. No sportsmanship AT ALL. That is so sad.

Astros lost 4-7. Tomorrow is another day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home