Monday, June 26, 2006

Finally, A Win

I got to watch the game on a 42" plasma tv last night. I had never watched anything with that little "HD" logo. I do not watch much television (we don't have it in our home- only DVDs) so this was a treat. I was having a real good time while the Astros were winning. But then at the 7th inning I turned to my mom and said "if they were playing any other team I wouldn't worry. But with the White Sox, I feel like the Astros could still lose." Oh if I would have known that saying out loud could make it happen, I would have kept my mouth shut. I tried to tell myself that the Sox needed two grandslams to win. Well they got one and a half and that was enough to tie and drive the game into extra innings.

I have just two things to say about that game that I want to say above all other things. First, I feel bad for Roy Oswalt. That guy pitched one hell of a game. He really did and the bullpen ruined his win. That is so unfair. RoyO is still one of the top pitchers in the major leagues and hopefully the Astros bullpen will back him up from now on. I am really mad about that. The second thing is, the Astros won. Yeah they blew a 7 run lead and yeah it took them 13 innings but they WON. At the end of the season, that win will show up in one column for the Astros and the loss will go in another column for the White Sox. That is all that matters.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home