Thursday, April 19, 2007

Playing Above .500

I haven't updated because I moved my regular blog over to wordpress and sometimes I forget to check into this one. But after a slow start the Astros are playing above .500 as of last night. The win last night gave them a record of 7-6 but the best part was the 5 runs in the 8th inning. I think wins like this are important to the team to show them that they can win with just 2 innings left. They are tough guys. Anyway, Ensberg and Lamb have been sharing playing time at 3rd. Both look real sharp. Everett and Loretta have been sharing time at shortstop and both are awesome. Loretta has more power at the plate but Everett has a great hitting streak going too. Luke Scott and Jason Lane have been sharing time in right field and both have been doing spectacular. Scott made an awesome run saving throw to Brad Ausmus a few night ago. Burke and Berkman have not found their groovebut last night Berkman looked like he was coming out of it. Carlos Lee is a monster and has hit run after run after run. I am not complaining at all. Awesome. Anyway the big news was the cold weather the first two weeks of baseball. Lots of postponed games because of rain and snow. I just think it was a shocking start for a shocking season when the Astros finally come out on top.

Now for a confession. I have been watching when Andy Pettitte pitches. I really don't want him to pitch poorly but I don't want the Yankees to win either. The problem is that if he pitches good then the Yankees win. I hate the Yankees. But he looks a whole lot happier there than he was in Houston. It is kind of sad for me. I think us Houston fans were just deluding ourselves that Andy liked it in Houston. Well, he is a great player and I wish him well but I really hope come October he is sitting out while Houston goes on for the finish. Not to be nasty or anything but a Yankee is a Yankee and even if Craig Biggio himself became one I would have to say the same thing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home