Monday, April 02, 2007

Opening Day!

Oh this was such a LONG winter break for me this time around. I can't believe that I read baseball news everyday which basically amounted to a bunch of rumors and no real news. However, today is the day I have been waiting for and Roy Oswalt will take the mound tonight against the Pittsburgh Pirates. I like the Pirates. They are a nice team with nice fans so it should a night of fun and a good game. The starting rotation for the Astros was a bit of a shock to me but I don't understand much about waivers and such. the five starters are:
  1. Roy Oswalt
  2. Jason Jennings
  3. Woody Williams
  4. Wandy Rodriguez
  5. Chris Sampson

I am ecstatic about Chris Sampson making the starting rotation because I think he has what it takes. But Wandy Rodriguez? He is merely in the line-up because he is a southpaw/leftie. I think that is a terrible reason to keep him around. Hopefully Wandy will rise to the occasion and if he doesn't then Garner has enough sense to send Wandy's butt back down and QUICK. Nieve and Albers were sent to Round Rock while Rick White and Brian Moehler landed bullpen spots for long relief. A lot of fans don't like Moehler but I think he is going to be a very nice surprise. So I will be back tomorrow ranting and fawning over the opening game. I keep thinking how one game kept the Astros out of the play offs last year so every game matters. Let's go 'Stros!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home