Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Sucky Beginning

Okay, two games down and two that the Astros have lost. Yesterday Roy Oswalt pitched a pretty good game. When he left the game the Astros were winning 2-1. Then in the top of the 9th Brad Lidge blew the save. This poor guy was handed over to be skewered this morning by every sports writer there was. I felt so bad for him but at the same time, he can't keep blowing saves! It was like last season never ended. Biggio got one hit yesterday and ZERO today. He just didn't look that sharp but I know it is early. I am not panicking. Not by any means. Tonight was another loss but I have decided a few things about the Astros. The starting pitching (so far) has been OUTSTANDING. Jason Jennings did a great job. The relief pitching is not doing well at all. There is no closer that stand out from the rest except Dan Wheeler but he didn't do so hot tonight. Chad Qualls looked much better tonight and after the first batter, Rick White did very good. The Final thing I have noticed is that the offense has NOT improved. The only guys hitting the ball are the ones competing for jobs Luke Scott and Jason Lane. Last night it was Luke Scott's homer that got the Astros on the board and tonight it was Jason Lane. I guess I am just waiting for Berkman and Lee to show us why they get paid the big bucks. BUT it is only game 2 and there over 150 more games to go. I know they will all come around.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home